TAKE ACTION THIS WEEK:
• During the Lenten season, you are invited to share in “Living The Way of Love: Practices for a Jesus-Centered Life.” Presiding Bishop Michael Curry has created this series of steps for all of us: Turn-Learn-Pray-Worship-Bless-Go-Rest, as a way for Episcopalians to live into the Jesus Movement. We’ll have the opportunity to talk about each step, and how we might fit it into a “rule of life” – a unique, personal plan for living into our faith. The dates are the Wednesdays in Lent: April 10: 7:30 – 8:45 pm in one of our spaces at St. Andrew’s. Sign up and we’ll make the journey together.
• Our food basket needs filling: Our children will be bringing the Food Basket forward at the Offertory during All God’s Children service. Can you bring in a non-perishable food item to share? We’ll be taking these offerings to local pantries in River Vale, Norwood, Hillsdale and other local areas. Thank you.
• Feeding God’s Hungry People: The congregations of District Nine (that’s us) are working together this lent to make a Lenten gift to the Center for Food Action, to feed hungry people in Bergen, Essex and Passaic counties. Each of our congregations will combine its donations for what we hope will be a $5,000 total of gifts. There is a collection box in the library for our contributions.
• Lisa Degnen is collecting gift cards for our neighbors the Stackpole family, who lost all their possessions in a house fire. Please see Lisa for more information on how to contribute.
• Sunday, April 7th at 7:00 pm: SHREK The Musical is coming to St. Andrew’s TODAY! Presented by New Jersey City University’s (NJCU) Music Theatre and Dance department, under the direction of Professor Marc Dalio and with the assistance of our own Amy Duran. You won’t want to miss this wonderful evening with such enthusiastic and gifted performers. $20.00 for adults; $5.00 for children. This is a fundraiser for Family Promise of Bergen County.
LOOKING AHEAD INTO APRIL/MAY:
HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE
Palm Sunday, April 14: Holy Eucharist, Rite II, at 10:15 am
Wednesday, April 17: Tenebrae, Service of Shadows, 7:30 pm
Maundy Thursday, April 18: Agapé Supper, 6:00 pm
Holy Eucharist, Anointing of Hands and Stripping of the Altar, 7:30 pm
Good Friday, April 19: Good Friday Propers—12:00 noon
Children’s Good Friday Service—4:30 pm; Stations of the Cross—7:30 pm
Sunday of the Resurrection—Easter Day: April 21
Holy Eucharist “All God’s Children” at 9:00 am, followed by Easter Egg Hunt
Holy Eucharist Rite II at 10:15 am, followed by Easter Egg Hunt
MARK YOUR CALENDARS—Bishop Carlye Hughes will visit St. Andrew’s on SUNDAY, MAY 5. HOLD THAT DATE!!!
On Friday, May 10 you can help defeat juvenile leukemia. Tyler Adel and Friends will present a concert in partnership with the Harrington Park School Parents’ Association and St. Andrew’s Church. Proceeds will benefit leukemia research—focused on children. Suggested donation–$10.00. Please mark your calendars.
Sunday School is thriving! It’s time for Hearts Alive! —right after All God’s Children every first and third Sunday at 9:45 am in the Parish Hall.
Coffee hour needs you. Coffee, cookies and a bottle of juice make fellowship happen after worship. The sign-up sheet is in the library—Please add your name!! Note: We need hosts for both the 9:00 am and the 10:15 am services. Thank you!