TAKE ACTION THIS WEEK:
• Harrington Park Farmer’s Market opens TODAY! Stop by to help start the season in style. The Farmer’s Market is located in the parking lot at Boro Hall on Harriot Avenue. May 26, June 2 and 9, 10am—2pm.
• On Monday, May 27 the Harrington Park Memorial Day Parade begins at 9:30am, followed by the memorial service at Harrington Park School. You are invited to attend, and to remember those who sacrificed their lives to protect the liberties we now enjoy.
• NOTE: The Parish Office will be closed on Monday, May 27, in observance of Memorial Day.
• GROUNDS & GARDEN DAY. St. Andrew’s Weed Warriors will meet next Saturday June 1, 8:30 – 12:30, spring cleaning in the church yard and flower beds. Come join the festivities! Dress to get dirty. Bring your garden clippers and favorite weed puller tools. Coffee, donuts, lemonade and sandwiches will be provided.
• Celebrating our children and youth: Next Sunday, June 2, we will celebrate all our wonderful young people. We’ll look at the Sunday School year and our younger children during and after the All God’s Children service. And we’ll celebrate our Confirmands at a special Coffee Hour after the 10:15 worship service.
LOOKING AHEAD INTO JUNE/JULY:
• Celebrate our Music Ministries: Sunday, June 9 at our 10:15am Worship Service. Join us as we acknowledge St. Andrew’s Parish Choir for another inspiring year of their musical leadership and devoted service. June 9th will be the last service of the season for them to lead our music worship.
• Diocesan Senior Ministries Celebration: On Sunday, June 9, St. Andrew’s will participate in the Senior Ministries Celebration at St. Peter’s Church in Morristown. Our honoree this year is Hewitt Jeter. All are invited to attend the reception at 3:00pm and Choral Evensong and Awards presentation at 4:00pm. Congratulations, Hewitt!
• Family Promise: 20th Annual Golf Outing: Tuesday, June 11 at the Edgewood Country Club in River Vale. See Kate Duggan or Paul Shackford for more information.
• PICNIC TIME: St. Andrew’s picnic will be SATURDAY AFTERNOON, June 29, at 5:00pm. Burgers and franks will be on the grill—please bring a side dish or dessert to share. Check the sign-up sheet!
• VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL: Save the date – July 12 -13, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm. Get ready to learn about “Heroes of Faith!”
• And looking way ahead (please mark your calendars!): On Sunday, September 8, we’ll mark Celebration Sunday with one service at 9:00am, with a special brunch and congregational gathering to follow.
• Our food baskets need filling: Our children will be bringing the Food Baskets forward at the Offertory during All God’s Children service. Can you bring in a non-perishable food item to share? We’ll be taking these offerings to local pantries in River Vale, Norwood, Hillsdale and other local areas. Thank you.
• Coffee hour needs you. Coffee, cookies and a bottle of juice make fellowship happen after worship. The sign-up sheet is in the library—Please add your name!! Note: We need hosts for both the 9:00 am and the 10:15 am services. Thank you!
• You can sign up to give the altar flowers on Sunday morning in memory, or in thanksgiving, for someone or something close to your heart. The donation is $35.00, and the Altar Guild will order the flowers for you. If you prefer to bring and arrange your own flowers, a donation of just $5.00 helps offset the ongoing cost of altar candles, wafers, linens, etc.