UP-COMING PARISH EVENTS, DATES & NOTES. . .
- Disciple Methodist Church is now worshipping at St. Andrew’s. Please greet Pastor John Lee and the congregation.
- St. Andrew’s is supporting Family Promise. You can help by joining us at the Annual Gala on Wednesday, October 30 at 6:00 pm at the Indian Trail Club in Franklin Lakes. The event will include cocktails, a better-than-ever Silent Auction, dinner and an inspiring program. Tickets can be purchased online at the Family Promise website. Please talk with Kate Duggan or Paul Shackford for more information. Tickets are $125.00 per person.
- St. Andrew’s will be adopting a family for Christmas. Bonnie Bryant and her team of elves will be collecting funds, shopping and wrapping gifts. See Bonnie to make a contribution to this parish tradition.
- Sunday, October 6: Today marks the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi. Pastor Diane will offer blessings to all pets—live, plush, knitted, whatever—in the Rectory driveway from 1:00 pm until 2:30 pm. All animals should be on leashes or in cages, please.
- Our food baskets need filling: Our children are bringing the Food Baskets forward at the Offertory. Can you bring a non-perishable item to share? We’ll be taking these offerings to local pantries in River Vale, Norwood, Hillsdale, Old Tappan and other local areas.
- Coffee hour needs you. Coffee, cookies and a bottle of juice make fellowship happen after worship. The sign-up sheet is in the library—Please add your name!! Note: We need hosts for many services. Thank you!
- You can give the altar flowers on Sunday to remember someone or something close to your heart. The donation is $35.00, and the Altar Guild will order the flowers. If you prefer to bring and arrange your own flowers, a donation of just $5.00 helps offset the ongoing cost of altar candles, wafers & linens.
- Calling all who like to sing to join us at our Thursday evening rehearsals. We gather at 7:45 pm with singing and good fellowship in the parish hall. Many different voices join to make a choir. You needn’t be a soloist.
- Thank you to all who have contributed to the St. Andrew’s Food Drive!
LOOKING AHEAD TOWARD NOVEMBER:
- Tuesday, November 5 is Election Day. Many local and regional candidates are seeking your support. Get information and get ready to vote. And then . . .
- Tuesday, November 5 is St. Andrew’s Election Night Fish & Chips! This hallowed event is in (at least!) its 65th year. Kathy Ferdinand is our Organizer Extraordinaire—and she needs your help. Get ready, please, and get involved.
- Tuesday, November 26, St. Andrew’s will host the Harrington Park Community Thanksgiving service, at 7:30 pm. Please join us that evening.