UP-COMING PARISH EVENTS, DATES & NOTES. . .
• TODAY: Today, we return to our fall worship schedule. AND: Sunday School will resume AND we’ll be blessing backpacks, briefcases and bookbags!
• Many thanks for your support and participation in last Sunday’s Parish workshop. Watch for more follow-up information, coming soon.
• Disciple Methodist Church is now worshipping at St. Andrew’s. Please greet Pastor John Lee and the congregation.
• Calling all who like to sing to join us at our Thursday evening rehearsals. We gather at 7:45 pm with singing and good fellowship in the parish hall. Many different voices join to make a choir. You needn’t be a soloist.
• September 15 and 22: The Harrington Park Farmers’ Market is back. Stop by after church and greet vendors and neighbors! 10:00am – 2:00pm, at Borough Hall.
• It’s St. Andrew’s 28th Annual Fall Food Drive! We need your help to get a food bag to every doorstep in Harrington Park on September 20-22. See Kathy Ferdinand for more information and to sign up to walk (or share!) a route.
• There are about 200 bags left to staple for the Food Drive. Come help us out after worship, please.
LOOKING AHEAD TOWARD OCTOBER:
• Saturday, October 5: It’s Leadership University! Join participants from across the Diocese for a morning of learning and sharing about a wide variety of subjects—from Sunday School to Stewardship to Budgets and Balance Sheets. Sign up to attend, at St. Elizabeth’s, Ridgewood.
• Coming October 5: Give thanks for HP’s First Responders, here at St. Andrew’s at a special service at 4:30 pm. Details to follow.
• Our food baskets need filling: Our children are bringing the Food Baskets forward at the Offertory. Can you bring a non-perishable item to share? We’ll be taking these offerings to local pantries in River Vale, Norwood, Hillsdale, Old Tappan and other local areas.
• Coffee hour needs you. Coffee, cookies and a bottle of juice make fellowship happen after worship. The sign-up sheet is in the library—Please add your name!! Note: We need hosts for many services. Thank you!
• You can give the altar flowers on Sunday to remember someone or something close to your heart. The donation is $35.00, and the Altar Guild will order the flowers. If you prefer to bring and arrange your own flowers, a donation of just $5.00 helps offset the ongoing cost of altar candles, wafers & linens.